- Submission form
- Submission deadline: Extended – will still have a few spots left!
- Teams should be grades 7+ although we are happy to work with any students if they wish to apply
- Accepted applicants notified by January 7th
- 2018 Full designer list announced: TBA
- 2018 Runway show: February 15th
- Event partner: Glow Winter Light Festival
- Basic technology kits for early applications will be sponsored by our partners at the Glow Festival!
What are we looking for? Fashion is about expressing who we are, and if you add technology to the mix, you can tell that story in so many ways! No project too small, no idea too big! We encourage everyone to design, create, and make! Maybe you want to create a piece with superpowers – sensors that react to the environment around you, and express information through lights or motion. We are looking for teams to cover the following roles, we would suggest 5 people per team. If you do not have a full team, do not despair, we have a large community and can help you build it!
- fashion designer (passion for storytelling and should know their way around a sewing machine)
- tech (basic understanding or willing to learn electronics, arduino helps, but is not necessary)
- model (will be showcasing the piece, needs to feel comfortable in front of a crowd and we love personality to shine through)
- storyteller (we want to see pictures and video of the creative process)
- producer (needs to be good at lists and organizing, they can help us produce the fashion show!)
Submissions to MakeFashion Edu will go in front of a panel of industry experts, designers, engineers, and makers. Work will be judged based on story, idea, creativity, and technical innovation.
There is no cost for submissions.
To be considered, please fill out this form If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org Multiple submissions may be entered by the same team, we’re excited to work with you to pick the best project for the runway. This is an inclusive event! Unfortunately, the STEAM Runway can only showcase a limited number of projects, but that does not mean you can’t come to the show with your creation on – let’s make Calgary Glow!