MakeFashion is a creative wearable arts organization committed to bringing wearable technology to the runway and making it beautiful and inspiring. We are a volunteer-run non-profit organization headquartered in Calgary, Canada and Seattle, WA.
We are currently offering a Community Builder intern position. Deadline for applications July 1st 2014.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Has an interest in arts management and/or community building;
– Interested in how an international startup/creative organization works;
– Can be located anywhere (we are an international organization that works remotely!) if available for e-mail chats and Skype calls (typically early evenings outside regular business hours);
– Ability to create budgets (asset);
– Ability to prioritize workload;
– Editing skills (asset);
– Organized and a good communicator;
– Familiar with wordpress, google docs, and social media;
– Enthusiastic about creativity, arts, and technology.
– Blogging and social media assistance for MakeFashion;
– Community outreach to local arts and maker organizations;
– Organize fundraising prospects list, and documentation system; keeping track of all grants we apply for and all donors and potential donors;
– Research the best practices in non-profit fundraising, possible funding and grant opportunities, and potential donors;
– Support donor cultivation – assisting with managing and tracking relationships with current and prospective donors, setting up donor meetings, drafting thank you notes and follow-ups;
– Help to develop fundraising strategies.;
– Presence at MakeFashion events and booths to promote designers and makers;
– Creative input on event planning for fundraising events and symposiums.
– $300 USD honorarium;
– Real, valuable work experience;
– Fundraising experience;
– The ability to work with an international initiative (MakeFashion has toured through Canada, the US, and China, and has gained international media and recognition throughout North America and Europe);
– Opportunity for travel compensation for MakeFashion events;
– Recognition on MakeFashion marketing materials and reference letters/recommendations on successful completion of internship;
– Opportunities for future roles with MakeFashion;
– Direct mentorship from the organization co-founders including Shannon Hoover, Art Gallery owner and director of Calgary Maker Foundation, and Chelsea Klukas, experienced startup designer, public speaker, and current designer at Amazon.
This is a volunteer work experience internship. Internship will take place for approximately 3 months, but is flexible based on candidate’s availability. Internship will be part-time, up to 10 hours per week based on availability.
Interested candidates contact email@example.com with resume and/or CV before July 1st 2014.